FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

BACK ON-LINE


I'm back on-line after taking the weekend off. It was probably the last really great weekend of the season, weather-wise. My wife and I enjoyed most of it outdoors. She is an avid birder and we saw and photographed tons of coots, ducks, Canada geese, and a few huge mute swans. We saw lots of shorebirds on sandbars and mudflats as well. Many arctic species are migrating south and we photographed terns, sandpipers, and plovers. One of the plover species was a first on my wife's life-list. I've included one of her photos. It's a Black-Bellied Plover in winter plumage.



Heather Eldred of Wisconsin Valley Library Service issued an e:mail pointing out a "support kit" for rural libraries on the ALA website. Check out http://www.ala.org/ala/olosbucket/supportkit/toolkithome.htm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home