FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Monday, November 20, 2006

CHALLENGE FOR FRIENDS GROUPS


I found out today that the Friends group in the Eau Claire area is a very dynamic group. 1.1% of all the residents in their community belong to the Friends! 1% sounds like a small percentage until you begin thinking about the number of people in your own group in relation to the population of your town.

Perhaps your group should set a 2007 goal of trying to recruit 1% of the people in your town to become paying, active members. What wonderful things those 1% could do for the remaining 99% of the residents!

Keep me advised of the progress your groups make toward that membership goal and I'll keep others informed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

I bet Three Lakes is close to 2%. Our population is about 2400 and we must have 50 Friends!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Mr. Magoo said...

Hey Vicki ........ That's great! You have a beautiful library in Three Lakes, and obviously the community is very proud of it. You set a high standard for others to follow!

Jim

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home