FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Saturday, January 27, 2007

TAKE DOWN THE CHRISTMAS TREE !!


My wife has informed me that this weekend is National - Take Down The Christmas Tree Weekend. I don't know where she gets that from, probably just made it up in order to get me to get the fire-hazard out of the house. Telling her that some of the neighbors still have them up (you can see them through their living room windows) doesn't help. Telling her that there was still a Christmas Tree in the conference room at LLD doesn't help either. Telling her that this will be the coldest weekend of the winter season so far doesn't help either. So I guess I'm stuck.

Actually, she wants the thing outside laying on the ground under some of our bird feeders. It makes excellent cover for birds. They are vulnerable to hawks and shrikes this time of year when there is little tree foliage to protect them. Being able to hide in the brush or an old Christmas tree and then make a quick trip to the feeder to grab a sunflower seed or thistle seed is bird heaven this time of year. Thus I will be able to procrastinate on getting rid of the tree until Spring and make my wife (and her birds) happy at the same time. Such a deal!

However, when you do this, make sure there are no domestic pets in the tree when you put it outside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home