FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Monday, November 27, 2006

GREAT THANKSGIVING WEEKEND

I'm hoping you had as good a Thanksgiving weekend as my wife and I did. We went North to spend the holiday at our cottage. On Saturday the weather was so great we just HAD to get out in the woods and walk around. BUT it was still deer hunting season. Then my wife thought of the area around the Ranger station on Trout Lake. This is located on Highway M on the way to Boulder Junction. It is state-owned land with some fine trails along the southern shore and the land is posted -- no hunting allowed! So we spent the afternoon there....beautiful blue sky, huge calm lake, no people and no mosquitos! It was great! I'm not sure how many calories we walked off, but it had to have helped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home