FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Sunday, January 28, 2007

THOMAS HARDY


About 12 years ago my company sent me to England to research a factory scheduling software package we were considering. My host and his wife took me on a very brief tour of the area I was visiting. While in Chester we visited some antiquarian book stores. My host's wife, who was a teacher of English literature, picked out a few old books she thought would be of interest to me. Topping the list was Thomas Hardy's TESS OF THE D'URBERVILLES. It has since become one of my all-time favorites. I now have the book in 7 different editions and have 2 videos of the story. (Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder) Hardy has also become a favorite author of mine. Any time I feel really upbeat I can count on reading a little Hardy to bring me back down to earth.

Today's New York Times has a good article on Hardy. You should take a look at it: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/ and go to the books section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home