FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Monday, January 29, 2007

MORE BIRD PHOTOS



My wife was out birding this weekend despite the temperatures and wind. The clear blue sky and abundant sunshine helped. I'm passing on a picture of a Robin and a Horned Lark. There are four robins within a mile of our house that have stayed for the winter. I would imagine that the unseasonable warm temperatures convinced them to stay. However, the weather geeks are saying that we are about to encounter some very cold weather and the robins may regret their decision. I wonder what they eat? Certainly there are no freeze-dried worms available. My wife says they eat fruit, namely berries, and compete with waxwings and other birds for this stuff. In any event it is wierd seeing these birds in January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home