FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Monday, January 01, 2007

BADGER CAPITAL ONE BOWL VICTORY


Congratulations to the Wisconsin Badger football team on their first 12 victory season, and to John Stocco for being named the MVP of the Capital One Bowl. Arkansas was as big and tough as we were. Their running backs were fast and slippery. But our quarterback and receivers played better than theirs, overall. And you can't forget the 52 yard field goal!

I was particularly pleased with the play of Mark Zalewski and Andy Crooks, alumni of the Wausau East track team that my wife helps coach.

Hail to thee, Wisconsin.

2 Comments:

Blogger J Creagh said...

Those of us in attendance can attest it was the band that once again pulled the Badgers through. Their pregame, halftime, and 5th quarter performance was outstanding. There must have been about 20,000+ that stuck around for the 5th quarter to the amazement of the hog fans and local security crew. There trombone player in the front row that I think was particularly spectacular.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Mr. Magoo said...

Thanks for the comment, John. Though it wasn't exactly a pretty game, I wish I could have been there. But my wife is as likely to let me go to a bowl game as she is likely to let me go to Egypt (as I mentioned in a previous post).
Although it is fun to watch a game on TV we get very little viewing of the activities of the band. And this is one of the key elements of "Badger culture".
Have a good new year, buddy.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home