FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Saturday, December 30, 2006

ANOTHER BIRDING TRIP



My wife has been spending much of her vacation time away from teaching by doing some far ranging birding. Wednesday and Thursday of this week she took a trip with another Wausau area birder up to the Duluth/Superior area. There had been reports of some unique sightings up there. They were successful in seeing two of the trip's targets, namely the Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch and the Three-toed Woodpecker. (I bet you think I am making those names up. I'm not surprised, I frequently accuse my wife of doing the same thing!) Many Pine Grosbeaks were encountered but they failed to spot the Gyrfalcon which hangs out in the Ashland area around the ore docks. It was a good trip with many fine photographs obtained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home