FRIENDS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN LIBRARIES

Sunday, March 25, 2007

BAD START TO TRIP


The weather was great in the Wausau area when my wife and I started our trek to Costa Rica. However, the weather was rotten in Chicago. All afternoon commuter flights were cancelled. We found out they were cancelled out of Green Bay as well. Taking a chance on a late night flight was not good because all flights to Los Angeles were booked solid because of heavy travel on the Spring Break weekend.
So we booked a flight out of Green Bay on Sunday. Green Bay/Atlanta/San Jose. As a result we will miss all the activities planned for Sunday in San Jose. That includes my special tour of the National Library ! Bummer !
Also, the lodge in the Tortuguero area, where we head to first, does not have Internet access so I will be out of touch until mid-week. However, with a lifetime of experiences behind me, I've "learned to hit the curve-ball" and we'll handle the situation and still have a great time !


Hasta Luego

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home